Sunday, November 10, 2013

Feeling happy and sad

The unit on feelings is designed to help children become more aware of their feelings.  By learning how to express emotions in appropriate ways, they can better understand themselves and communicate what they are feeling to others.
Friends discussed that there are good feelings and not too good feelings. Friends discussed that feeling happy is a good feeling.  A happy person feels relaxed and peaceful.

What makes us happy?
I feel happy when I play soccer with my brother Nate. ( Alec)
I feel happy when my grandma and grandpa come to my house for dessert [cake]. ( Joshua)
I feel happy with I play hide-and-seek with my dad. ( Michelle)
I feel happy when it is my birthday and I get older and older. ( Avigail)
I feel happy when I play with my dad and Rachelle and play silly. ( Rebecca)
I feel happy when I go to the Party Store and have a birthday there and eat cake. ( David)
I feel happy when my brother lets me watch the Thomas movie. ( Reuven)
I feel happy when I go to parties and play. ( Tammy)
I feel happy when I play with my sister Dori in the park. ( Eliana)
I feel happy when me and my brother Emmy play blocks together. ( Bina)

 
Feeling sad is not a good feeling. Everyone feels sad sometimes. Feeling sad is okay. When do we feel sad?
I feel sad when my brother doesn't let me play on his keyboard. ( Reuven)
I feel sad when somebody breaks my building that I built with blocks. ( Avigail)
I feel sad when my sister doesn't let me play with her maracas (rattle) toy. ( Michelle)
I feel sad when Emmy breaks my blocks. ( Bina)
I felt sad when I went to my old nursery class because there were not too many toys. ( Tammy)
I feel sad when Nate takes my toys away. ( Alec)
I feel sad when I am sick. I don't like to be sick. ( Eliana)
I feel sad when  my sister doesn't want to play with me. ( Joshua)
I feel sad when I go home from school because in school there are lots of toys. ( David)

To help children to identify their feelings talk about your feelings honestly, talk about other people's feelings. Ask questions " What do you think this boy or girl is feeling?" "What do you think she would say?" What would make him feel that way?" The more we understand our own feelings the more we can understand others. Open your kids hearts, warm them up, make them caring and kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment